Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Body of Christ?

You know, ever since I was little and growing up as a preachers kid in various church's around the Northeast and Midwest, I have heard this term..."The Body of Christ." I'm not sure I ever truly understood what it meant or what it was supposed to look like. What I do know is that I have seen a pretty dysfunctional picture from the various places I have landed. Don't get me wrong, I love the church but man, it can be a little rough around the edges sometimes. For those of you who know me will agree that I can have a jaded/sarcastic point-of-view from time to time...God is helping me with this...but this past weekend helped restore my faith in the church as the body of christ. What do you know about that...it really does work! I saw people sacrificing their time and effort at one of the absolute busiest times of the year for people they most likely didn't know at all. I saw the leadership becoming last so others could be first...across the board children, teens, and adults. I saw people serving in areas where they are gifted...huh...what a great idea ;) I got to see many parts of the body of christ serving in unity and harmony...as one body. Everyday ordinary people loving and serving everyday ordinary people. Thank you Jesus for this gift to me, an accurate picture of your body at work. Help me to pass it on...

No comments: