Monday, December 8, 2008

Prayer - Is it In you?

You know that passage of scripture where Paul is going on and on about doing what he doesn't want to do and not doing what he wants to do? I think that is kind-of how it is with me and prayer. I LOVE my times of prayer with God, but it seems like I don't give myself enough time, or I forget, or I allow something else more"urgent" to squeeze prayer time down or even out all together...aaahhh! Frustration! You ever been there? I went to the church last night for the 5pm prayer time Pastor Sam hosts each Sunday. It was an excellent hour of prayer...powerful, but there was only 5 of us there. I got to wondering...why? I'm not going to hazard a guess as to peoples motives for not coming out to pray, who knows, maybe people were praying at home...but it got me to realize the life-giving and life-threatening nature of prayer for our spiritual lives. Just like air for our bodies, so is prayer for our spiritual lives...you get a heavy dose and your soul thrives, lives and is vibrant...you don't get enough your soul starts this slow descent to dieing. I hope that's not too melodramatic, I just know that it is true for my life. So, in this busy holiday season...now, more than ever...pray. Your soul will thank you for it :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Preach it man!! I know in my life the times I feel the lowest personally and in ministry seem to be when I hunger & thirst more for God's Word and Prayer. Yet, often don't realize that's the issue till I finally sit down at the table and take care of business.