Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fear

Fear is an interesting and greatly over-used word in American society today. Ever heard some of these phrases..."I'm just afraid that..."; or "My fear is that..."; "It's going well, (knock on wood)"? It is so engrained in our society to "wait for the other shoe to drop" so to speak. I guess the current state of our economy doesn't help the situation much either. But should it be the same for those of us who have chosen to follow Christ? Does fear play a prominent role in your life? Should it? A few verses come to mind right away such as Jeremiah 29:11, 1 John 4:18, and Romans 8:15...look those verses up and make up your own mind. We who follow the words of Jesus and his disciples have a reason for the hope inside us and should NOT fear anything or anyone. God will not give me anything that He and I can not handle together, right(1 Corinthians 10:13)? God is faithful, never leaving us; so why all of the fear in the lives of his followers? My prayer for you (and me) is that our trust is so complete in Christ that words and everyday phrases involving fear are eradicated from our vocabularies.

No comments: