Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vision...Mine or His?

OK, why is it that when God wants me to do something for Him (apparently pretty urgently), He just comes at me from so many different angles? Am I that thick? Again...apparently. There are times that I get, what I think are, pretty clever ideas. But I always seem to question myself; It goes something like this..."Hey, that's a pretty good idea! But, wait, is this what I want or is this what God wants? Could it be both? I'm sure if God really wants me to move forward He will confirm it some other way...right?" Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Is it just me?

Anyway, the reason I brought this up is our church is starting up a new (for lack of better words) "worship service" on Saturday nights called The Gathering. This idea/vision has been brewing inside of me for better than 5 years and I wasn't quite sure it would ever come to fruition. The Gathering starts up on March 7th and as it gets closer those whispers seem to come back to mess with me..."this is all your idea", "you are doomed to failure", "it will never work", "nobody will come", and on and on it goes. The nice part is God has surrounded me with people who were also given a vision for The Gathering and it is remarkably similar to the vision He gave me. These people literally came at me from every side...people age 18-55...people I had no idea would be interested in something like this! We serve a God that doesn't deal in coincidences. We serve a God who is deliberate and knows what we each need to move forward when He needs us to. Do you believe that? Do I believe that? My actions don't always match my words in that department, but I am learning to lean on Him and trust a little more each day. Remember, the "lanaguage of Fear" has no place in the lives of those who claim the name of Christ. May God help me...and you...to remember that.

1 comment:

Swedish Mama said...

Thanks for being so transparent. We do seem to question ideas often, that is good and bad. And Satan, the prince of lies, loves to whisper doubts in our ears, quite logic questions...but God is in controll and will bless. Keep up the great work.